1. GET GLOWING. Kissing can actually be a beauty treatment. Scientific tests show that good kissing helps reduce dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes. It also makes your skin glow and your eyes shine.
2. A KISS A DAY. Kissing each day will keep the dentist away. Kissing encourages saliva to wash away food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that cause’s decay, preventing plaque build-up.
3. BURN, BABY BURN. Good, rich, passionate kissing can help you burn up to 600 calories per hour!
4. IN THE DARK. Our brains have special neurons that help us locate each other’s lips in the dark.
5. SWEET RELIEF. Kissing can relieve headaches. With relaxation, the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain is released. Quality is the key.
6. ABOVE AVERAGE. The average person spends 336 hours of his or her life kissing. At an approximate length of one minute each, that’s 20,160 kisses! It’s worth it to learn to kiss well
7. The average person spends two weeks of their life kissing.
8. An act of kissing puts 29 facial muscles in motion. In other words, kissing can be used as an effective exercise to prevent development of wrinkles.
9. Lovers swap saliva containing various substances e.g. fats, mineral salts, proteins while kissing. According to latest studies, the exchange of the above substances can boost production of antibodies which are made specifically to deal with the antigens associated with different diseases as they are encountered.
10. As a rule, 66 percent of people keep their eyes closed while kissing. The rest take pleasure in watching the emotions run the gamut on the faces of their partners.
11. A quick romantic kiss will burn about 2-3 calories, whereas French kiss(an openmouthed kiss with tongue contact) will obliterate more than 5 calories.
12. Sensitivity of the lips is 200 times higher than that of the fingers.
13. It is thought that men who kiss their wives goodbye before going to work live five years longer than those who just slam the door. Men of the latter category are said to be more prone to traffic accidents.
14. Smooching passionately for 90 seconds will elevate blood pressure and cause the pulse rate to go racing. It will also increase the level of hormones in the blood, thus reducing life by one minute.
15. French kiss is called a “juncture of souls” in France. Not only the lips do the job, the tongues come into play too. The passionate French invented another variety of the soul kiss in which only the tongues are employed.
So what the hell are you waiting for??? Go and kiss someone tonight :P